Thursday, October 14, 2010

Finished Tray

It's done! I didn't put an expression on it in the end, a last minute decision.  It's true that you need to "feel" the project as you go.  So here is the before ...

It was a sage green which no longer goes with our decor so it became one of my first projects using the  amazing paint from Caromal Colours.

And here is the After ...




Here are some up close images of the finish,  Caromal Colours paint is thick and adds an aged texture to any piece you apply it to and it sticks to almost anything!  Once the paint was applied and dry I used my handy dandy sander to smooth and distress, then I applied the aging toner, for a finishing touch I stenciled a decorative accent and sanded it back to appear old and worn.  The final touch is Liberon past wax in neutral .... Whaaalaaa!  done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tray is fabulous! I'm SO happy to meet you and find your blog. I'm following you, of course, as I look forward to much inspiration, my new friend!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

The finish on the tray is really neat!

To answer your question, yet, I do use paint pens, but not very often.