I really appreciate the nomination and the motivation since I haven't blogged in over a month. I've been a lacking in motivation lately and I hate admitting it.
Thanks Barb! Barb and I know each other outside of the Blog world, we work together. I have really enjoyed getting to know another side of Barb through her blog. She is creative, talented and funny! I love her writing style. Without a doubt my favourite posts of Barb's include her fur babies Chloe and Sasha.
I'm nominating ...
Proper Prim - I love Deb's posts about her grand daughter Mya
Apple Box Boutique - Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Stockist
Aqua Seventy 6 - Check out Yvette's Etsy shop
Cherry Street Cottage - Jessica is going to be a Mom soon, I love her Bernese Mountain Dogs!
Serendipitous Home - I am in love with Sandra's home and style
Ok 7 things about me ...
- I taught disco dancing at a health club when I was 18.
- When I was in high school I had a ski membership at Horseshoe Valley resort, every weekend I would get up at dark-thirty to catch the first bus in front of my house and take it to the local subway station where I would catch a grey hound bus and take it to the resort, just so I could ski. I would do this both Saturday and Sunday every weekend of the winter.
- I had a summer job working at a Baldwin Piano store in Scarborough. I was filling in for Lawrence Gowan who was taking time off to tour with his first band, Rhinegold. No, I never met him in person.
- In 1997 my girlfriend Cyndi and I were asked to join a Bar Pool League in Mississauga, the team that recruited us needed "beginners". We were told there was a good chance we could go to Vegas for free. Our team won the local finals 2 years in a row so we went to the Vegas tournament. What a great time! If I remember correctly the 2nd year in Vegas we were voted friendliest team ... kinda like Miss Congeniality.
- I might regret sharing this one, my dad's nick name for me when I was little was Dopey Jopey. I was a very naive little girl and a little unsure of myself (maybe it was those round pink glasses they made me wear). I shared this nick name with my friend Cyndi after a few cocktails once and she has called me DJ ever since.
- I went to a special high school for Vocational Arts, it was 2 credits in grades 9 and 10 and 4 credits for 11 and 12. I didn't continue with the program for grades 11 and 12 since I really wasn't sure if I wanted a career in the Arts.
- I was very athletic and competitive when I was younger. I was a figure skater when I was in school, I even went back to it in 97 when I joined an adult Precision Skating Team. I also played in a lot of racquet ball tournaments in the 80's, my mother was my doubles partner.
If you were nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, here are the rules:
- Thank the person that gave you the award in a blog post.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Pass the award on to 5 bloggers you follow. (it was 15 but I reduced it to 5 to take a little less time)
- Include 7 random things about yourself in your post.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.